Hungry for More?
If you have an appetite to explore the benefits of data mining and predictive modeling for your organization, here is a digest of additional resources – all of these menu items are available for complimentary download. Some require registration.
- Data Exploration in Preparation for Modeling
- by Michael Berry
Additional On-demand webcasts
- Increasing Profitability and Productivity with JMP® Pro
- featuring Sam Gardner
- Data Mining: Fool’s Gold or the Mother Lode?
- featuring Dick De Veaux
- Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management
- Third Edition, by Gordon Linoff and Michael Berry
- Visual Six Sigma: Making Data Analysis Lean
- by Ian Cox, Marie A. Gaudard et al.
- Compare, Predict and Communicate
- Anne Milley, Sr. Director of Analytic Strategy at JMP, uses US crime and breast cancer data to demonstrate how JMP Pro enables data exploration, modeling and communication of results. She also shows how to use map data, the JMP Profiler, bubble plots and Flash output to share data discoveries with others.
- What’s going on with my cell phone bill?
- Dick De Veaux, Professor of Mathematics and Statistics at Williams College, uses texting data from his monthly phone bill to show how to analyze data sets in JMP® Pro where informative data may be missing. Other case studies surrounding clinical trials, water use and population and income data are included.
- WANTED: The Best Predictive Model
- Michael Berry, Co-Founder of Data Miners Inc. and Business Intelligence Director at TripAdvisor for Business, uses data from a variety of case studies he conducted as a consultant to show the powerful predictive modeling capabilities of JMP® Pro.
A la carte menu
- Computer-Intensive Methods - Part 1 Download supplemental files used by Ian Cox during his Sept. 28 Power Lunch webcast, Computer-Intensive Analysis: Randomization, Bootstrapping, Bagging and Simulation. (Requires a sas.com profile.)
- Tune in to hear Kaiser Fung, Vice President of Business Intelligence and Analytics at Vimeo, address the perceived disconnect between statisticians and decision makers.
- Listen in as data mining thought leader Andreas Weigend, former Chief Scientist at Amazon.com, discusses barriers to innovation.
- Download our Data Mining Info Kit
- Read the JMP Pro fact sheet to learn how automated analytic techniques promote data mining and predictive modeling.
- Visit the JMP Pro website to see how visual analytics leads to data-driven decisions.
The best data miners and modelers rely on intuition as well as expertise. Visual exploration is the best way to develop intuition for what is going on in a data set. JMP Pro provides a highly interactive and visual environment that makes it easy to examine distributions, explore interactions, and spot anomalies before building models, along with an extensive collection of data mining techniques. The visualizations produced by JMP Pro are also very effective for communicating results. By reducing the time to insight, this discovery tool will enhance your ability to compete on analytics.
Co-Founder, Data Miners Inc.