Will you share your state-of-the-art ideas?
JMP® users are second to none when it comes to solving problems through data exploration and analysis. That’s why the Discovery Summit Steering Committee is inviting you to submit a paper or poster abstract that demonstrates how you’ve used this statistical discovery software from SAS to do just that.
Call For Papers Has Closed
Each year our presenters are a source of inspiration for the Discovery Summit – posing and challenging analytic theories, benchmarking best practices and conceiving innovative concepts. Presenters will:
- Share the Discovery Summit agenda with progressive analytic minds, including our keynote speakers, who are thought leaders in statistics, technology and innovation.
- Shape the conference conversation about how to apply analytics in forward-looking companies around the globe.
- Receive complimentary conference admission.
- Gather feedback from other attendees so you can refine your own analyses.
- Demonstrate to your colleagues and managers how higher analytics benefit your organization.
Who should submit?
Researchers and practitioners from all fields – students, too! Whether your concept is for analytics beginners or more advanced practitioners, we welcome your entry.
Who chooses the papers and posters?
The Discovery Summit 2012 Steering Committee
What is the steering committee looking for?
Paper presentations that:
- Show how to use JMP interactively.
- Instigate conversations and open dialogue about how analytics can be spread across organizations, not stuck in isolated pockets.
- Describe real-world problems solved by the strategic implementation of analytic methods and statistical techniques.
- Showcase an interesting application you’ve built with JMP Scripting Language.
- Describe an “aha!” moment of discovery and how you got there.
- Advance and shape the application of statistical methods in a multidisciplinary setting.
You may opt to present for 30 or 45 minutes.
Not a paper person? Consider presenting a poster.
If your application or research is better suited for a smaller, niche audience, we encourage you to submit a poster. Posters can depict a class assignment, a research project or a business application. Academic, corporate and individual users of JMP may submit entries. Posters will be judged based on their originality, innovative application and/or the use of visualization to express the data.
We are seeking posters that:
- Exhibit substantial evidence of the nature of a designated problem.
- Present the method(s) used to reach a viable solution.
- Provide a solid explanation of that solution.
Discovery Summit 2012
September 10-13, 2012
SAS World Headquarters
100 SAS Campus Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Call For Papers Has Closed
- Friday, March 30, at 5:00 p.m. ET: Call for papers and posters ends.
- Early May: Selections of papers and posters announced.
- Aug. 3: Final version of papers, presentation materials and posters due.
- Sept. 11 - 13: Paper presentations and poster displays occur.
- Title: 25 words or fewer.
- Abstracts: 200-250 words.
- Author biographies: 75 words or fewer per author.