Over the course of his career, David Trindade, Bloom Energy Chief Officer of Best Practices, has introduced engineers to a variety of analytics methods, including design of experiments and statistical process control. The resulting improvements speak for themselves, and are particularly important in a business where every percentage-point improvement in a process is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
On the table for discussion:
- The elements of a sophisticated reliability analysis program.
- How powerful software has changed the way engineers solve problems.
- The importance of incorporating time into reliability analysis.
- The areas where engineers need more training.
- Interesting student projects using design of experiments.
Expertise: design of experiments, reliability analysis, statistical process control, optimization, engineering