SAS co-founder and Executive Vice President John Sall recognizes that data analysts spend much of their time preparing the data – at least, the good analysts do. As the creator of JMP® software, he has long respected this fact. Sall discusses his team’s work to make data preparation easier, faster and more reliable with each new release of JMP. He touches on the challenges of data cleanup, analyzing wide data sets, and staying focused on the problem at hand without leaving the analytic workflow.
On the table for discussion:
- The challenges of data preparation.
- Harnessing the strength of data with tens of thousands of columns.
- Enabling statistical understanding with visual, intuitive software.
- The advantages of showing results versus telling them.
- The desktop computer is dead – and other myths.
Expertise: statistics, data visualization, data preparation, software development