Tom Lange is a 37-year veteran of Procter & Gamble and founder of its modeling and simulation group. He was also largely responsible for nurturing an organizational culture that would sustain innovation and value creation. An advocate for more than just analysis, he discusses the value of prediction as well. He says that to improve a business for customers and shareholders, you must first translate your business question into a science question, then answer it using analytics.
On the table for discussion:
- The rocket science of everyday products.
- How the money is made – predicting outcomes before ever running an experiment.
- Inspiring a shared vision of analytics usage – even when it’s not widely held.
- Accelerating innovation by sharing what we know.
- Why all simulations are wrong, but all experiments are too.
Expertise: statistics, predictive modeling, experimentation, culture of analytics