Xan Gregg, JMP Director of R&D at SAS and the creator of the Graph Builder, shares how an understanding of visual perception can help you make more effective data visualizations. You’ll learn more about the series of graphing choices that affect how you communicate results.
On the table for discussion:
- The distinction between data visualization and information visualization.
- Ways to create graphs that align with the senses.
- How good visual design is as important as good grammar.
- Tips for giving a graph a makeover.
- Why you should share your research data.
Expertise: data visualization, exploratory data analysis, information visualization