JMP® and SAS® Workflow
JMP® and SAS® Products
Learn more about the products that integrate JMP and SAS for specific business and scientific purposes.
JMP® and SAS® Integration
- There are multiple ways to integrate JMP with SAS, and you can use these products together to:
- Import, sample and analyze data sets cleansed and integrated by SAS.
- Extend JMP with the wide array of data management tools and tried-and-tested analytic procedures available in SAS.
- Utilize interactive JMP graphics, visualization features and analysis tools with your SAS programs.
- Use JMP as a SAS client on Macintosh and Windows. Write or create SAS code in JMP, submit and view results in JMP.
- Build customized JMP and SAS client-server solutions.
Sample JMP and SAS integration using JMP Scripting Language (JSL)
|Data in JMP||Data on SAS Server|
|Functionality is in SAS||Point and click to move data to server from JMP, perform analysis, then pull SAS results into JMP in one of many formats.||Use SAS programs to manage and analyze data, then pull SAS results into JMP in one of many formats.|
|Functionality is in JMP||No SAS involved, use native analytics and graphics in JMP.||Import or query SAS data to a JMP data table. Run the desired JMP analysis.|
|Functionality is in JMP and SAS||Move data to server from JMP in a few keystrokes, perform analysis, return data and reports, then run the desired JMP analysis.||Perform analysis in SAS, return data and reports to JMP, then run the desired JMP analysis.|
Build Customized SAS Applications
Build completely customized JMP and SAS-based client-server applications to meet your specific analytic needs. Learn more about building applications with JMP, or browse the JMP File Exchange for SAS add-ins developed by JMP users.
Write/Submit SAS Code
JMP includes a full SAS Editor, enabling you to write SAS programs within JMP and submit them to SAS for in-depth data analysis. Results are returned to JMP in the format you specify. If the desired format is a JMP report, the many visualizations available in JMP can aid exploration and understanding. You can also open SAS programs created by someone else and run them with a click of the mouse. In the JMP Fit Model and Time Series platforms, you can automatically create SAS programs of your models and submit them to SAS. In the JMP Partition and Neural platforms, you can create SAS data step code that you can use to score a new data set.