JMP Flash Histograms
You can save a Distribution report as a Flash file to display interactive histograms outside of JMP. This option is helpful when you want to display a Distribution report on a Web site and maintain the following interactive features:
Save as a Flash File
When you save a Distribution report as a Flash file, JMP can also generate a Web page. The Flash object is displayed on the Web page. In the upper right corner, a Help icon links to this document. In the lower left corner, the JMP icon links to the jmp.com Web site. Alternatively, you can create your own Web page and include a link to the Flash file.
To save a Distribution report as a Flash file, proceed as follows:
- Click the Distribution report’s red triangle icon and select Save for Adobe Flash platform (.SWF).
- Browse to the folder in which you want to save the files.
- Type a name for the Flash object and optional Web page in the File name field.
- (Optional) Generate and open a Web page.
- To create a Web page in which the Flash object is displayed, select Create companion HTML file.
- To open the Web page automatically after JMP creates it, select Open HTML companion after save (or Open companion HTML file after save on Windows XP).
- Click Save.
The Flash file and optional Web page are saved in the selected directory. The Web page is also opened in your default Web browser, if you chose that option.
To show the summary statistics for a specific bar, hover the cursor over the bar until the statistics appear.
Selecting a histogram bar highlights the corresponding data in any other histograms.
There are two ways to select the bars.
- Click on one bar. The bar that you selected and the linked bars in the other histograms are highlighted.
- To select multiple bars, hold down the SHIFT or CTRL key and click each bar. The selected bars and the linked bars in the other histograms are highlighted.
To deselect the bars, click on a blank area outside of the histograms.
Reloading the Web page in your browser resets the histogram axes to their original state. Click your browser’s Reload button to reset the axes.
Print the Page
To print all histograms on the page, use your browser’s Print command. The Flash right-click menu does have an option for printing. However, Flash cannot resize the histograms to fit the page. If the total number of histograms is wider than the page, only a portion of the histograms print. You might need to customize the page setup in the browser or the printer driver properties, depending on which settings are available. For example, some browsers do not include a shrink-to-fit option, so look in the printer driver properties for this option.