How Do You Build a Great Analytic Culture?
With Jon Weisz and Lou Valente
How we grow the use of analytics can make or break our company. Jon Weisz and Lou Valente of SAS talk about how the use of analytics is often born out of necessity, but it can be difficult to create a sense of urgency around exploring and analyzing data. Why aren’t academic institutions doing more to train students, particularly engineering students, with essential analytic skills? And what should we do to encourage people to design and conduct experiments?
In this video:
- Why people need permission to fail.
- An innovative start-up that succeeded with definitive screening designs.
- Using graphics to transcend communication barriers.
- Adapting statistics to serve other disciplines.
- How to deliver well-prepared students into the careers of tomorrow.
We also recommend
- David Meintrup, Peter Goos and Volker Kraft: Fostering Innovation by Spreading Analytical Capability Learn how interactive data visualization supports the process of training, teaching and learning statistics in the workplace and classroom.
- Boosting Performance With Custom Designed ExperimentsStreamline your experimentation with a customized experimental design. Test only those factors that have the biggest impact on your processes. Find out how in this film development case study.