The Applied Statistics Gap
With David Meintrup
Applied statistician David Meintrup shares best practices and news from his field of expertise from the perspectives of both academia and industry. He discusses the importance of good software to the statistics curriculum, why design of experiments should be more widely used and his hopes for the convergence of highly specialized fields.
In this video:
- The gap between current applied statistics curricula and the problems faced in industry.
- How to convince an organization to adopt statistical methods.
- Tips for communicating highly technical material to decision makers.
- Changes in applied statistics in recent years.
- Expectations for the field of applied statistics.
We also recommend
- David Meintrup, Peter Goos and Volker Kraft: Fostering Innovation by Spreading Analytical Capability Learn how interactive data visualization supports the process of training, teaching and learning statistics in the workplace and classroom.
- Statistics with JMP: Graphs, Descriptive Statistics and ProbabilityNeed a better understanding of basic statistical theory and its applications? Let Professors Peter Goos and David Meintrup be your guide! An overview of descriptive statistics for nominal, ordinal and quantitative data, with particular attention to graphical representations is provided.