Analytically Speaking for Academics
Conversations with professors
We’ve invited distinguished professors from around the world to talk to us about the intersection of data analysis, academia and industry. You’ll leave each conversation with new perspectives on key issues facing analytics educators and new ideas for influencing the spread of analytic excellence.
- Applied Statistics From the Classroom to the BoardroomProfessor emeritus from the University of Alabama discusses his career teaching and applying statistics.
- Data Access and the Future of StatisticsUlrich Rendtel of Freie Universität Berlin discusses his experiences with the census and academia.
- What Every Engineering Manager Wants You to KnowProblem Solving for New Engineers author Melisa Buie talks about the critical concepts needed to solve problems.
- Preparing Students to Be Successful Data AnalystsProfessor from a top European business school on how he helps students work effectively with data.
- The Applied Statistics GapDavid Meintrup shares best practices from the perspectives of both academia and industry.
- Helping Students Understand the Power of StatisticsStatistics professors Bob Stine and Peter Bloomfield on the connection between statistics and the real world.