Become an Analytics Advocate at Your Organization
With Tom Lange
Tom Lange is a 37-year veteran of Procter & Gamble and founder of its modeling and simulation group, and was largely responsible for nurturing an organizational culture that would sustain innovation and value creation. He was an advocate for more than just analysis, but of prediction as well. He says that to improve a business for customers and shareholders, you must first translate your business question into a science question and then answer it using analytics.
In this video:
- The rocket science of everyday products.
- How the money is made – predicting outcomes before ever running an experiment.
- Inspiring a shared vision of analytics usage – even when it’s not widely held.
- Accelerating innovation by sharing what we know.
- Why all simulations are wrong, but all experiments are too.
We also recommend
- David Meintrup, Peter Goos and Volker Kraft: Fostering Innovation by Spreading Analytical Capability Learn how interactive data visualization supports the process of training, teaching and learning statistics in the workplace and classroom.
- Improving Your Process With Statistical ModelsA pharmaceutical manufacturer seeks process improvement in the midst of an alarming number of batch failures and a high degree of variability in the natural materials used in the manufacturing process. How do they find the answers?