Statistical Discovery in Quality Engineering
With quality engineering you can systematically use data to determine more efficient and effective ways to get things done throughout the product life cycle – and minimize the associated cost, waste and time. But increasing levels of automation and the rise of the digital economy mean that data from the production and delivery of products is rapidly increasing in volume and complexity.
This video will show how you can still effectively pursue the traditional objectives of process control, improvement and troubleshooting in this evolving world. It will address ways to achieve high quality for your processes, products, services and organizational performance with continuous learning and improvement.
You will learn how to:
- Decide if the measurements you make are actually fit for purpose, or just noise.
- Simply monitor or control processes, even when there are multiple sources of variation.
- Expedite troubleshooting using a blend of visualization and analysis to rapidly identify root causes, even for difficult problems.
- Correctly identify which responses have actually changed after a process intervention.
- Simply and easily communicate your findings to build consensus in engineering and management.
The video will be appropriate for anyone who is interested in delivering products and services that consistently meet or exceed customer expectations, reducing time to market and warranty costs, and building and protecting a brand. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner or just starting out, it will provide useful advanced analytical techniques (such as neural networks and tree-based methods).