Deep-learning programs, often called artificial neural networks or just “neural nets” for their resemblance to the neural connections in the brain, are growing in speed and accuracy. Neural network models can be used for both classification and prediction, and the advances in pattern recognition hold implications for an array of applications.
Get the free chapter from Building Better Models With JMP® Pro, which demonstrates the “what, why and how” of neural networks through case studies, figures and exercises.
Neural networks can be used to:
- Identify fraudulent checks submitted to a bank.
- Predict system failures on an assembly line.
- Predict flight delays.
- Determine which content to display on a website based on mouse clicks.
- Predict which books a customer is likely to buy based on previous purchases.
- Determine whether an employee is a flight risk.
This book is designed for business analysts, managers, and practitioners who may not have a solid statistical background, but need to be able to readily apply analytic methods to solve business problems.