Statistical Genetics and Genomics
The materials linked below will be applicable to a course in statistical genomics.
Take a Deeper Dive on Select Topics
Provide step-by-step instructions and short videos to help your students learn how to do common statistical and graphical analyses in JMP.
Explore webinars specifically designed for faculty & students
Live and on-demand webinars to expand your JMP knowledge. Topics span basics to advanced.
Instructions, Examples, and More
Resources to Aid Your Learning
Find blog posts, worked examples, and many resources to help you use JMP Genomics.
Applets and Add-Ins
Teaching Apps & Basic Stats Calculators
Simple applets provide everything you need to illustrate core statistical concepts, including regression least squares, correlation, and p-values.
Recommended guides and videos
- JMP Tools
- JMP Tables Menu
- Saving JMP Results
- Saving Publication Quality Graphics with JMP
- Graph Builder
- Tabulating Data
- Chi-Square Test for a Two-Way Table
- Sample Size and Power for One Sample Proportion
- Sample Size and Power for Two Proportions
- Sample Size and Power for One Sample Mean
- Sample Size and Power for Two Sample Means
- One Way ANOVA
- Bootstrapping in JMP Pro
- Simple Linear Regression
Using the JMP Genomics Processes:
- Genetic Association with JMP Genomics Blog Series: NEW!
- Expression Analysis with JMP Genomics Blog Series: NEW!
- Cross Evaluation and Progeny Simulation with JMP Genomics Blog Series: NEW!
- Step-by-Step Guide for Genetics QK Modeling #1: K Matrix and Relatedness Measures
- Step-by-Step Guide for Genetics QK Modeling #2: Population Structure PCA
- Step-by-Step Guide for Genetics QK Modeling #3: Association Analysis
- Step-by-Step Guide for Genetics QK Modeling #4: Using a Workflow
- Step-by-Step Guide for Genetics QK Modeling #5: K Matrix Compression
- Step-by-Step Guide for Expression #1: Importing and Transposing
- Step-by-Step Guide for Expression #2: Predictive Modeling with Cross-Validation and Model Comparison for Model Selection
- Step-by-Step Guide for Expression #3: Learning Curves (AR) to Determine Number of Samples Needed
- Step-by-Step Guide for Expression #4: Subset Data and Create a Test Set
- Step-by-Step Guide for Expression #5: Final Model Fit and Performance on Test Set
Recommended books for this course
- Jeremy Newman, University of Florida: PCA Teaching Guide
- Departamento Estatística, Universidade Federal de Lavras: Tutorial on Linkage and QTL Mapping, GWAS, and Genomics Prediction Analysis
Other Resources for Teaching and Using JMP Genomics
- Description of Core Capabilities, plus Corresponding Resources
- Customer Stories
- Research Citations Using JMP Genomics
Specific Topic Resources
- Slides from "Overview of JMP Life Sciences Solutions" at JSM 2019 Technology Workshop
- JMP Genomics for Crop Improvement - Overview of Features
- JMP Blog: The Traveling Salesman Traverses the Plant Genome
- Using SAS Optimization in JMP Genomics to build Genetic Maps
Documentation and Help
Recommended Academic Webinars
- JMP Basics for Professors and Students
- An Overview of JMP Genomics: Expression, GWAS, and Plant Breeding
- Running and Interpreting a Basic Expression Analysis
- Getting Started with JMP Genomics: Overview of Studies, Import, and Workflows
- Getting Started with JMP Genomics: Creating the EDF and Importing SAM and BAM Files
- JMP Genomics: Move or Share Results
- Genomic Selection for Plant Breeding
- Modern Genomic Crop Improvement
Recommended Applets, Calculators, and Concept Demonstration Tools
Find these in JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources. In JMP Student Subscription they are directly available from the Student menu.
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Distribution Calculator
P-values and Power:
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPValue
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPower
- Teaching Scripts > Simulations > Central Limit Theorem
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Demonstrate Regression
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > demoCorr
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > demoLeastSquares