Regression Modeling and Analysis
The materials linked below will be applicable to an applied regression class.
Textbooks to Supplement Your Instruction
Find textbooks that integrate JMP. Most books may be requested through publisher websites. Contact your publisher representative for more information.
Take a Deeper Dive on Select Topics
Provide step-by-step instructions and short videos to help your students learn how to do common statistical and graphical analyses in JMP.
Recommended books for this course
- Hocking, Methods and Applicatons of Linear Models: Regression and the Analysis of Variance 3rd edition
- Kutner, Nachtsheim & Neter, Applied Linear Regression Models 4th edition
- Myers, Montgomery, Vining & Robinson, Generalized Linear Models: with Applications in Engineering and the Sciences, 2nd Edition
- Silvestrini & Burke, Linear Regression Analysis With JMP And R
Instructors can request free evalution copies of textbooks from many publishers. Contact your publisher representative. For SAS Press books, request free instructor evaluation ebook copies here.
Recommended guides and videos
- Opening JMP and Getting Started
- Graph Builder
- One Way ANOVA
- Two-Way (Factorial) ANOVA
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Simple Logistic Regression
- Multiple Logistic Regression
- Stepwise Regression
- Repeated Measures using MANOVA
- Repeated Measures using Mixed Models
- Mixed Model Analysis
- Classification Trees (Partition)
- Regression Trees (Partition)
- Bootstrapping in JMP Pro
The complete collection of guides and videos can be found at the JMP Learning Library.
If you or your students are new to JMP, this is also a great place to start: JMP Basics
Recommended Case Studies
Case studies are designed to supplement and expand your students experience by providing real and realistic multi-step problem scenarios, accompanied by exercises at the end. These are carefully crafted to use methods that have been introduced up to and including the concepts listed in the summary. Solutions to exercises are available to instructors only by request at this link.
Simple Linear Regression
Explore webinars specifically designed for faculty & students
Live and on-demand webinars to expand your JMP knowledge. Topics span basics to advanced.
Data for Examples and Assignments
JMP comes with ~500 sample data sets included in the software, accessible through the JMP Help menu.
Applets and Add-Ins
Teaching Apps & Basic Stats Calculators
Simple applets provide everything you need to illustrate core statistical concepts, including regression least squares, correlation, and p-values.
Recommended Academic Webinars
Recommended Sample Data
There are many sample data sets to choose from in JMP, from Help > Sample Data (alphabetical list) or Help > Sample Data Library (indexed list by topic). Here are a few suggested examples for a course on Regression and ANOVA.
- Big Class
- Big Class Families
- Body Fat
- Car Physical Data
- Device X Lifetimes
- Diamonds Data
- Fitness and Fitness 3D
- Hollywood Movies
- Liver Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
Recommended Applets, Calculators, and Concept Demonstration Tools
Find these in JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources. In JMP Student Subscription they are directly available from the Student menu.
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Distribution Calculator
P-values and Power:
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPValue
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPower
- Teaching Scripts > Simulations > Central Limit Theorem
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Demonstrate Regression
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > demoCorr
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > demoLeastSquares
Full Course Materials
Course Materials from SAS Education
“JMP course-in-a-box” provides complimentary JMP teaching materials from SAS. Includes classroom materials, data sets, slides and more. These are all available for download to qualified instructors.
Self-paced learning available 24/7
Full length e-courses from JMP and SAS Education cover a variety of topics and include activities, demos and exercises. Short instructor videos can supplement your course materials to create a flipped classroom.
Recommended eLearning Courses from SAS Education
Students and Professors can enroll in these courses at no cost with a campus or department annual site license to JMP.