Reliability and Survival
The materials linked below will be applicable to a course in reliability or survival analysis.
Textbooks to Supplement Your Instruction
Find textbooks that integrate JMP. Most books may be requested through publisher websites. Contact your publisher representative for more information.
Take a Deeper Dive on Select Topics
Provide step-by-step instructions and short videos to help your students learn how to do common statistical and graphical analyses in JMP.
Recommended books for this course
- Meeker & Escobar, Statistical Methods for Reliability Data, 2nd edition
- Tobias & Trindade, Applied Reliability 3rd edition
Instructors can request free evalution copies of textbooks from many publishers. Contact your publisher representative. For SAS Press books, request free instructor evaluation ebook copies here.
Recommended guides and videos
Recommended Case Studies Coming Soon
Case studies are designed to supplement and expand your students experience by providing real and realistic multi-step problem scenarios, accompanied by exercises at the end. These are carefully crafted to use methods that have been introduced up to and including the concepts listed in the summary. Solutions to exercises are available to instructors only by request at this link.
- We are currently finalizing the case studies in this domain. Please connect with email@example.com if you want to use them in your class.
Explore webinars specifically designed for faculty & students
Live and on-demand webinars to expand your JMP knowledge. Topics span basics to advanced.
Data for Examples and Assignments
JMP comes with ~500 sample data sets included in the software, accessible through the JMP Help menu.
Applets and Add-Ins
Teaching Apps & Basic Stats Calculators
Simple applets provide everything you need to illustrate core statistical concepts, including regression least squares, correlation, and p-values.
Recommended Sample Data
There are many sample data sets to choose from in JMP, from Help > Sample Data (alphabetical list) or Help > Sample Data Library (indexed list by topic). Here are a few suggested examples for a course on Reliability and Survival Analysis.
- Adhesive Bond (Destructive Degradation)
- CD (Cumulative Damage)
- Concurrent Systems (Reliability Growth)
- NewEngineOperation (Reliability Growth)
- Parallel Systems (Reliability Growth)
- TurbineEngineDesign1 (Reliability Growth)
- Small Production (Reliability Forecast)
- Fan (Life Distribution)
- Locomotive (Life Distribution)
- Microprocessor Data (Life Distribution)
- Appliance (Survival)
- Blenders (Survival)
- Comptime (Survival)
- Devalt (Survival)
- Device X Lifetimes (Survival)
- Motorette (Survival)
- Rats (Survival)
- Tobit2 (Survival)
- VA Lung Cancer (Parametric Survival)
- ICdevice02 (Interval Censoring Survival)
- VA Lung Cancer IC (Interval Censoring Survival)
- Bladder Cancer (Recurrence Analysis)
- Engine Valve Seat (Recurrence Analysis)
Recommended Applets, Calculators, and Concept Demonstration Tools
Find these in JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources. In JMP Student Subscription they are directly available from the Student menu.
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Distribution Calculator
P-values and Power:
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPValue
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPower
Full Course Materials
Course Materials from SAS Education
“JMP course-in-a-box” provides complimentary JMP teaching materials from SAS. Includes classroom materials, data sets, slides and more. These are all available for download to qualified instructors.
Self-paced learning available 24/7
Full length e-courses from JMP and SAS Education cover a variety of topics and include activities, demos and exercises. Short instructor videos can supplement your course materials to create a flipped classroom.
Recommended eLearning Courses from SAS Education
Students and Professors can enroll in these courses at no cost with a campus or department annual site license to JMP.
[There is no asynchronous eLearning course for multivariate analysis at this time -- search the eLearning catalog for up-to-date lists of JMP eLearning courses.]
Check the calendar of upcoming Live Web courses, including these topics: