How P&G Saved Millions and Improved Quality With Analytics
With Cy Wegman
Models and analytics don’t make money, but better decisions do. Cy Wegman takes this approach to his work as a consultant and former engineer in the CPG industry – emphasizing solutions that lead to better decisions. Over the course of his 38-year career at Procter & Gamble, Wegman saved the company hundreds of millions of dollars by applying his technical expertise. He talks about his experiences here.
In this video:
- Paper, plants and problem solving – and the analytics skills they require.
- Why leaders with integrity drive fear out of the organization.
- Hated school? You can still be a lifelong learner.
- How sequential optimization increased production, improved quality and reduced the cost of paper towel production.
- Optimize your experiments or risk leaving a lot of money on the table.
We also recommend
- Improving Your Process With Statistical ModelsA pharmaceutical manufacturer seeks process improvement in the midst of an alarming number of batch failures and a high degree of variability in the natural materials used in the manufacturing process. How do they find the answers?
- Why the Future of Manufacturing Depends on Statistical Data AnalysisIndustry 4.0, big data, data mining and IoT. As the digitization of the manufacturing sector gains momentum, what key things do you need to know about analyzing your manufacturing data?