Make Statistical Thinking Your Strategy for Solving Problems
With Roger Hoerl and Ron Snee
Roger Hoerl and Ronald Snee, authors of Statistical Thinking: Improving Business Performance, talk about how statistics provide a strategic perspective for process improvement in any business. The two explain the philosophy of statistical thinking, the importance of experimental design to any organization, and the joy they get from solving problems that really matter. Both are Fellows of the American Statistical Association and the American Society of Quality.
In this video:
- Statistical thinking defined – and putting it into practice with statistical engineering.
- Adopting quality initiatives in non-manufacturing processes.
- Common barriers to managing and improving quality over time.
- The importance of smart, iterative experimentation.
- Best practices in prioritizing projects.
- The authors’ most rewarding projects.