Innovation in the Chemical Industry With Statistics and DOE
With Kevin White
What happens when classically trained statisticians are eager to learn new things and take a proactive role in innovation? Eastman, a global advanced materials and specialty additives company, has a long history of using sound statistical methods to inform decision making. Under the guidance of Applied Statistics Group Leader Kevin White, the chemical company is also using cutting-edge design of experiments and statistical modeling to improve production of a broad range of products found in everyday items.
In this video:
- Recommended methods for process monitoring.
- Becoming a better statistician by acquiring domain knowledge.
- Spreading analytics across business functions.
- The value of design of experiments for fundamental process knowledge and faster innovation.
- The stability index – a more interpretable metric.