What Every Engineering Manager Wants You to Know
With Melisa Buie
In her role as Director of Operations at Coherent, Melisa Buie works on both engineering and business problems. Her book, Problem Solving for New Engineers: What Every Engineering Manager Wants You to Know, covers critical concepts that engineers must understand to solve problems. She also emphasizes the importance of understanding strategy to attack engineering problems efficiently.
In this video:
- How to keep your audience from struggling to understand your work.
- Why others should review your experimentation process.
- The importance of planning.
- Silicon Valley’s need for more statistically savvy scientists and engineers.
- Repeatability in experimentation – and how it builds our experimental muscle.