What It Takes to Be an Effective Industrial Statistician
With William Q. Meeker
Bill Meeker discusses what it takes to be an effective industrial statistician. With an extensive background consulting and teaching on reliability topics in industry, Meeker has a large repertory of real-life case studies to share. He is author of Statistical Methods for Reliability Data, which presents state-of-the-art, computer-based statistical methods for reliability data analysis and test planning for industrial products.
In this video:
- Censored data and how to deal with it.
- Pitfalls of accelerated tests.
- Applications of statistical intervals in industry.
- The effect of changing technology on reliability methods.
- Other disciplines that have informed his reliability work.