Looking for very short instructions on how to do common statistical or graphical analyses in JMP? Use these instructions (with sample data so you can follow along) – choose the one-page document format or the corresponding 2-3 minute video. You can also use these in your own course materials for students – just download them from our website and distribute with your own materials!
This page provides course materials for teaching introductory statistics.
One Page Guides and Short Videos
Click to Open
- Webinar: Teaching Introductory Statistics with JMP
- Webinar: Resources for Teaching and Learning JMP
- Webinar: JMP Basics for Professors and Students
- Webinar: Data Summary and Analysis
- Webinar: Data Visualization and Graphics
- Webinar: Teaching ANOVA and Regression
- JMP for Grading and Assessment
The completed collection of recorded videos can be found in the Academic Webinar Library. The JMP journals and datasets used in the webinars are also provided.
Click to Open
The complete collection of case studies is available in the JMP Case Study Library.
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Exploring and Describing Data
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Probability and Sampling Distributions
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Confidence Intervals
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Hypothesis Testing for Proportions - Categorical Data
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Hypothesis Testing for Means
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Regression
Course Materials from the JMP Education Team at SAS*
- JMP Software: Data Exploration (Classic)
- A Case Study Approach to Data Exploration
- ANOVA and Regression
*Use of these complementary materials is strictly limited to course use at degree granting academic institutions.
Complete the Teaching Material Request form to request JMP teaching materials from SAS (scroll down, click on the link to request teaching materials, enter your SAS Profile, then scroll down to see a listing of JMP courses available for download).
JMP e-Learning Courses
*Complementary materials available to qualified instructors for academic course use. The complete collection of complementary e-learning courses can be found here.
JMP Scripts and Add-Ins
- Interactive Teaching Modules Add-In (Download)
10 teaching modules, packaged into a single add-in. Ideal for teaching core statistical concepts: sampling distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing for means and proportions, plus probability distributions, regression, and t-Test and ANOVA.
You can also run these modules directly from JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources >Teaching scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules. In JMP Student Edition they are directly available from Help > Teaching Demos.
- Statistics Calculator Add-in (Download) (View in Community)
This add-in provides calculators for confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, and sample size for means and proportions, using either summary statistics or raw data; Ideal for exploring how the width of confidence intervals change, how test results change, or how the calculated sample size changes as different input values are used.
Several of these calculators are also directly available in JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources > Calculators. In JMP Student Edition they are directly available from Help > Calculators.
Additional scripts for teaching regression can be found on the JMP User Community or in the JMP Sample Scripts directory - go to Help > Sample Data, then click on the Open the Sample Scripts button.
Books and Book Resources
A complete listing of books with JMP can be found here. Many of these books include coverage of regression, along with other topics.