Business Statistics with JMP
Statistics for the Social Sciences
This page provides course materials for teaching statistics in the social sciences. More resources can be found in other courses, for instance in Regression Modeling or Predictive Modeling here.
One Page Guides and Short How-To Videos
- Using JMP
- Graphical Displays and Summaries
- Probabilities and Distributions
- Basic Inference - Proportions and Means
- Correlation and Regression
- Multivariate Methods
- Data Mining and Predictive Modeling
- Time Series
The complete collection of guides and videos can be found at the JMP Learning Library.
The complete collection of case studies is available in the JMP Case Study Library.
JMP Scripts and Add-Ins
- Interactive Teaching Modules Add-In (Download)
10 teaching modules, packaged into a single add-in. Ideal for teaching core statistical concepts: sampling distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing for means and proportions, plus probability distributions, regression, and t-Test and ANOVA.
You can also run these modules directly from JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources >Teaching scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules. In JMP Student Edition they are directly available from Help > Teaching Demos.
- Statistics Calculator Add-in (Download) (View in Community)
This add-in provides calculators for confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, and sample size for means and proportions, using either summary statistics or raw data; Ideal for exploring how the width of confidence intervals change, how test results change, or how the calculated sample size changes as different input values are used.
Several of these calculators are also directly available in JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources > Calculators. In JMP Student Edition they are directly available from Help > Calculators.
Additional scripts for teaching regression can be found on the JMP User Community or in the JMP Sample Scripts directory - go to Help > Sample Data, then click on the Open the Sample Scripts button.
- Webinar: Resources for Teaching and Learning JMP
- Webinar: JMP Basics for Professors and Students
- Webinar: Data Summary and Analysis
- Webinar: Data Visualization and Graphics
- Webinar: Teaching Introductory Statistics with JMP
- Webinar: Teaching ANOVA and Regression
- Research Methods with JMP: Clustering, Factor Analysis, and SEM
- Advanced Research Methods with JMP
- JMP for Social Science Research
- JMP for Institutional Research
The completed collection of recorded videos can be found in the Academic Webinar Library. The JMP journals and datasets used in the webinars are also provided.
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Exploring and Describing Data
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Probability and Sampling Distributions
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Confidence Intervals
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Hypothesis Testing for Proportions - Categorical Data
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Hypothesis Testing for Means
- JMP Intro Lab Activities: Regression
Books and Book Resources
- JMP Start Statistics
- Statistics with JMP: Hypothesis Tests, ANOVA and Regression
- JMP® for Basic Univariate and Multivariate Statistics: Methods for Researchers and Social Scientists
- Market Data Analysis using JMP®
A complete listing of books with JMP can be found here. Many of these books include coverage of regression, along with other topics.
Course Materials from the JMP Education Team at SAS*
- Data Exploration (Classic)
- A Case Study Approach to Data Exploration
- ANOVA and Regression
- Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis
- Analyzing Multidimensional Data
- Modeling Multidimensional Data
- Predictive Modeling with JMP Pro
*Use of these complementary materials is strictly limited to course use at degree granting academic institutions.
Complete the Teaching Material Request form to request JMP teaching materials from SAS (scroll down, click on the link to request teaching materials, enter your SAS Profile, then scroll down to see a listing of JMP courses available for download).
JMP e-Learning Courses
*Complementary materials available to qualified instructors for academic course use. The complete collection of complementary e-learning courses can be found here.
Other Information for Teaching and Using JMP
Documentation and Help
- Online help: jmp.com/help
- In JMP, Help > Books or Help > JMP Help
Sample Data, Scripts and Add-Ins
- In JMP: Help > Sample Data Library or Help > Sample Data
- Online: JMP User Community File Exchange