Bill Meeker discusses what it takes to be an effective industrial statistician. With an extensive background consulting and teaching on reliability topics in industry, Meeker has a large repertory of real-life case studies to share. He is author of Statistical Methods for Reliability Data, which presents state-of-the-art, computer-based statistical methods for reliability data analysis and test planning for industrial products.
On the table for discussion:
- Censored data and how to deal with it.
- Pitfalls of accelerated tests.
- Applications of statistical intervals in industry.
- The effect of changing technology on reliability methods.
- Other disciplines that have informed his reliability work.
Expertise: reliability, statistics, censored data, accelerated tests, statistical intervals, alloy fatigue, degradation testing