Data visualization gurus Alberto Cairo and Kaiser Fung share their expertise on information gathering, analysis and communication of results. They discuss rules of thumb for identifying charts and graphs that do the data justice, as well as the importance of being literate in statistics and data visualization.
On the table for discussion:
- The trifecta checkup for chart critique.
- Why the measurement revolution has not taken place.
- How scientists and engineers can present findings to laypeople without dumbing down their work.
- The pros and cons of using maps.
- Whether the perception of data science work is different from the reality.
Expertise: data visualization, information graphics, statistics, marketing analytics, data science, statistical thinking, journalism