Award-winning authors Brenda Ramírez and José G. Ramírez discuss how traditional quality techniques – when updated with the latest advances in analytics and data visualization – can help you gain new insights about processes, products and services.
On the table for discussion:
- Evaluating the performance of a new raw material for an existing component.
- Establishing a calibration curve for instrumentation.
- Comparing the performance of several materials using a quality characteristic of interest.
- Communicating your findings to management and colleagues.
- Finding the synergy between quality and reliability.
Expertise: statistical engineering for new product development through manufacturing, quality improvement, process control, process stability metrics, design and analysis of experiments (including multi-step process experiments), response surface methodology, evaluating the measurement process, nonlinear modeling, collaborative education