Conversations with thought leaders
How Do You Build a Great Analytic Culture?
With Jon Weisz and Lou Valente
How we grow the use of analytics can make or break our company. Jon Weisz and Lou Valente of SAS talk about how the use of analytics is often born out of necessity, but it can be difficult to create a sense of urgency around exploring and analyzing data. Why aren’t academic institutions doing more to train students, particularly engineering students, with essential analytic skills? And what should we do to encourage people to design and conduct experiments?
In this video:
- Why people need permission to fail.
- An innovative start-up that succeeded with definitive screening designs.
- Using graphics to transcend communication barriers.
- Adapting statistics to serve other disciplines.
- How to deliver well-prepared students into the careers of tomorrow.