The Key to Good Graphs
With Howard Wainer
Howard Wainer was a student of John Tukey and has applied statistical thinking to wide-ranging problems in the areas of medicine and education. He is an expert in statistics and data visualization, and he communicates about both topics in a clear and approachable manner. He talks about creating graphs with your audience in mind and the importance of using words rather than math to talk about statistics.
In this video:
- What it was like to be a student of John Tukey.
- Thinking like a statistician – and why you’ll never go back once you start.
- Turning weakly good graphs into strongly good graphs.
- Why it doesn’t pay to get results before you’re ready.
- How to tell better stories with data.