What Does It Take to Be a Successful Statistician?
With Karen Copeland
To be a successful statistical consultant, you must be flexible, creative and able to convey statistical results in a way that clients understand and appreciate. Karen Copeland, owner of Boulder Statistics, has built her career on these skills, as well as her deep knowledge of design of experiments, model visualization, analysis of means and many other areas of statistics. She shares lessons from her career and ideas for continuing to expand your statistical repertoire.
In this video:
- Why analysis of means is an underutilized method.
- How to choose a multiple comparison method that is suited to your question.
- Using DOE and model visualization in tandem.
- Tips for reporting results to stakeholders.
- Understanding business goals and logistical constraints of an analytics project.