W.L. Gore: Using Statistics as a Competitive Advantage
With Maria Lanzerath
How do scientists and engineers at W.L. Gore continue to innovate? Small teams of experts and statisticians collaborate to determine the right questions, data collection methods and analyses that will lead to knowledge-based decisions. Global Head of Statistics Maria Lanzerath cites Gore’s commitment to hiring statisticians as its competitive advantage. Lanzerath discusses the power of scientific methods and the freedom to experiment.
In this video:
- The infinite applications of statistics.
- Statisticians as part of the creative process.
- The history of design of experiments (DOE) at Gore.
- Turning DOE skeptics into fans.
- Applying definitive screening designs to production.
We also recommend
- Optimizing Your Process With Design of ExperimentsIn this study, a specialty chemicals supplier is struggling to manufacture enough pigment at the required specifications to meet customer demand. See how they implement a more efficient process.
- Class of Three-Level Designs for Definitive Screening in the Presence of Second-Order EffectsIntroducing….a class of economical three-level designs for screening quantitative factors.