Watch Now 24:01
Designing Mixture Experiments
Presenter: Tom Donnelly
Understanding Mixture Designs and Creating Simple Mixture Designs
The presenter gives an overview of mixture designs, describes a trade space analysis using models to fit a mixture to a designed experiment and explains the differences between mixture and formulation experiments. He introduces the plastics data he will use in a case study, the second order model he will build and how he will use Profilers to examine the impact changing settings would have on the mixture.
Creating Complex Mixture Designs
See how to create and analyze a complex plastic formulation experiment while addressing multiple constraints on both the mixture and non-mixture parts of the process. The presenter also describes and gives resources for a 7-component mixture design with additional constraints.
- Mixture DOE PowerPoint slides and case study descriptions
- Boosting Performance With Custom Designed Experiments (30 min. video - Mixture example)
- An Uncertainty Quantification Case Study Using Space-Filling Designs With Mixture Variables for Deterministic Data Discovery Summit Presentation and Files
- Step-by-Step JMP Multi-Factor DOE Examples Instructions and Resources
- Strategies for Formulations Development: A Step-by-Step Guide Using JMP® Book by Snee and Hoerl
- Ron Snee's 2017 PharmaTech article Speeding Up Formulation Development: QbD principles and strategic thinking can reduce the time required to optimize formulation
- Technicall Speaking video, Boosting Performance With Custom Designed Experiments