New in JMP® 17
See the newest capabilities in JMP, JMP Live, JMP Pro and JMP Clinical
Coming October 2022
The Workflow Builder captures an interactive session to a graphical workflow script for automation, teaching, repeatable data preparation or reproducible analysis. While you’re using JMP interactively, the Workflow Builder documents and displays your steps. The Workflow Builder makes it easy to
- Interactively build and automate repeatable end-to-end analytic workflows.
- Document and share analysis processes and results.
- Save time and reduce the potential for errors by reducing repetitive tasks.
- Foster better collaboration with colleagues by standardizing data process and cleanup tasks.
For anyone who needs a starting point for designing an experiment, Easy DOE offers a step-by-step guide through the DOE workflow from designing the experiment to analyzing, predicting and reporting findings.
- Save work in a single .jmpdoe file that can be reopened or shared.
- Decide how much guidance you need with two modes. Guided mode simplifies selections and provides hints to make it easy to get started. Flexible mode provides more options for Custom DOE and Definitive Screening Designs, including additional analysis options in JMP Pro.
If you’re looking to do something new in JMP or want tips for using one of your favorite tools, Search JMP puts help within easy reach. Get answers and return to your analysis quickly, whether you're new to JMP or an experienced user.
- Find JMP capabilities and see a guided path to access them.
- Locate data cleanup operations, statistical tests and visualization options along with resources to help you use them.
- Search in context to get the answers you need and return to your analysis quickly.
New in JMP Live
JMP Live offers a new set of capabilities for server-side data refresh and scheduling, better organization of JMP Live content and a streamlined publishing workflow.
- Connect directly to data sources and schedule updates from JMP Live, eliminating the need for a third-party scheduling tool.
- Set up hierarchical, nested spaces for better organization of reports, including improved access controls.
- Publish with the improved workflow that makes it easier to get discoveries shared far and wide in the organization.
- View data tables directly in JMP Live without downloading, making it easy to view data on mobile devices.
- Use single-click open in JMP, which creates a JMP Project from JMP Live content for easy follow-up analysis.
- Explore reports using more interactive features including Categorial Response Profilers, Packed Bar Charts and Parallel Plots.
OSIsoft PI Import
Data analysts, engineers and scientists who need access to the rich asset data stored in an OSIsoft PI server can easily import their data into JMP using the interactive OSIsoft PI import. Traverse asset trees, import historical data and bring time series data into a JMP table quickly and use those data to visualize, enrich and improve models.
- Connect to a PI Server and interactively import raw, plot or interpolated data for attributes of interest.
- Access the rich data available in OSI PI without coding or interacting with APIs.
New in FDE PRO
Spectral Analysis in Functional Data Explorer offers a suite of tools for preprocessing, modeling, and multivariate analysis of spectral data. This functionality is also good for preprocessing and analyzing chromatographic data.
- Apply S-G smoothers, baseline correction and other preprocessing methods to spectral data sets before analysis and modeling.
- Use wavelets basis function models for fast and flexible models for these data.
- Run a wavelet DOE analysis using generalized regression to model spectral experimental results.
Genomics and Wide Fitting
Enhanced genomics and wide fitting tools mean better performance for wide problems, specialized features for fitting 2-level by m-level associations and switching regressors one at a time. These improvements also make it easier to handle hundreds of thousands of Ys, suppress reports and direct output to data tables. Features include
- Optimized handling of large, wide tables and analysis (Multivariate, Response Screening and data table transformations)
- Direct import of commonly used genetic and genomic data formats PRO
- New statistics platform for Genetic Marker analysis PRO
- New model-based Genetic Breeding Simulations PRO
New in JMP Clinical
Completely re-written with a focus on speed and simplicity to provide a much smaller and responsive program and an improved user experience. Clinical review reports no longer require complicated setup and launch dialogs, and all data and analysis occur solely within JMP.
- New Clinical Review Reports:
- Study Flow (CONSORT) Diagram
- Adverse Event and Interventions Risk Reports
- Adverse Events Incidence Rate Report
- Lab Shift Tables Report
- Clinical Endpoint Efficacy
- Clinical Events and Disposition Distribution Reports
- Robust Outlier Screening and Detection Report
- Exposure Time Trends Report
- Set Study Preferences to specify default report settings for each study.
- Publish many clinical reports to JMP Live 17.
- Explore and build predictive models for your clinical trial data with the integration of JMP Pro.
Other Key Features
Data Access, Prep, and Exploration
Street Map Service Refresh in Graph Builder
New MapBox support provides higher-quality, more detailed background maps.
Multiple Response Data in Graph Builder
Graph Builder can build graphs with columns that have a Multiple Response modeling type.
Configure Levels in Graph Builder
Apply custom binning options to combine or regroup values in Graph Builder without having to edit column properties.
Tables Menu Operation Preview
View the results of a table restructure option before completing the operation.
Random Subset To Open Data Table
Opens a select subset of a data table to inspect data or run some analysis before performing operations on large tables.
- Tabular Data in Graph Builder gives the ability to view a table of summary values that correspond to variables in the graph.
- Ability to show confidence intervals graphically (i.e., forest plots) for tabular data in many analysis platforms.
- Tabulate: Ability to Pack multiple statistics or multiple analysis columns into one display column.
- Tabulate to align the grouping columns vertically.
Design of Experiments, Reliability, and Quality Engineering
MSA Design Enhancements
Improvements to user experience and ability to handle nested designs.
Laney P' and U' Control Charts
Now available from the Control Chart menu or in the Attributes group of charts in Control Chart Builder.
Type 1 Gauge Analysis
New method in the Measurement Systems Analysis platform for assessing gauge repeatability and bias.
MSA Platform Enhancements
Improvements in variability charting to include multiple responses and greater alignment with the EMP MSA and variability MSA platforms.
Process Screening Enhancements
Now available in Quality and Process menu and has new functionality for more interactive exploration of selected columns and specified conditions.
Explore different design choices across different design criteria, number of runs, center points and replicates without having to iterate through making individual designs.
- Redesigned ALT Designs improves workflow and exploration of what-if scenarios
- Enhanced Pareto platform supports customization of the Pareto plot and new options for configuring causes, displaying error bars, sorting cause, creating Paynter charts and more.
- New Repeated Measures Degradation platform that uses hierarchical Bayesian approach.
- Space-filling designs can accommodate discrete numeric and mixture factors.
- New label role for X axis in Control Chart Builder and option to switch to IMR charts from XBar & R or XBar & S charts.
- Show excluded region option available in Model Driven Multivariate Control Chart.
- Acceptance Quality Limit and Rejection Quality Limit added to Acceptance Test Plan OC Curve.
- Use the new Sample Size Explorer options now in the DOE menu. Note: The Sample Size and Power platform will be removed in JMP 18.
Statistics, Predictive Modeling, and Data Mining
Additions to equivalence testing
Equivalence testing expanded to include multiple comparisons, tests for standard deviations and proportions, and noninferiority and superiority tests.
Dissolution Curve Analysis
Features industry-standard methods to compare the dissolution profile of a new drug to a standard/reference drug from the Fit Curve platform. Nonparametric methods are available for stacked and rows-as-functions formatted data.
Structural Equation Models (SEM) Enhancements
Include total and indirect effects, model-implied correlations, correlations of estimates, more heatmaps, plot of model-implied trajectories for longitudinal analyses, new model shortcuts, user-defined independence model, and multiple-group analysis (MGA). PRO
Now available in Prediction Profiler in Fit Least Squares, Nominal Logistic, Ordinal Logistic, Neural, Generalized Regression, Graph Profiler, Partition, Bootstrap Forest and Boosted Tree. PRO
Design Space Profiler
Interactively find limit of failure regions (operational ranges) inside the factor space where the model(s) predict that the response(s) will be within specification.
Generalized Mixed Models
Enables fitting of models with both non-Gaussian response variables and random design effects. PRO
Now available in standard JMP
One-click Bootstrapping, Simulate and Exact tests.
- Model Screening Enhancements include prediction formulas from individual models, new profiler for continuous response models and enhanced model selection with folded cross validation. PRO
- Fit Curve Enhancements include addition of new models, new support for multiple data formats and improved output for large number of subjects in the grouping variable.
- Self-Validated Ensemble Models for Forward Selection and Lasso are estimation methods in Generalized Regression. PRO
- Support Limit of Detection in Distribution
- Sample Size Explorer improvements include addition of new explorers and interface enhancements
- Custom Estimation Profilers in Nonlinear allow user defined functions of factors and estimated parameters.
- Loading plot enhancements offer new options for visualizing key variables in PCA and PLS.
- Multidimensional Scaling enhancements include support for larger data sets and improved usability.
- Partial Correlation Node Diagrams show the magnitude and direction of partial correlations between pairs of variables after accounting for other variables.
- Support for Passing-Bablock Analysis.
- New K-Means SOM heatmap.
- Prediction Profiler is now available in Fit Y by X. Profiler has been extended to all fits that have the Save Predicteds option.
- Support for calculating effect size estimates (Cohen's d, Eta Squared, and Omega Squared).
Scripting and General
Customize orderings (month names, days of the week, Likert, etc.) for data sorting.
Save platform settings as preferences.
Scripting and Preference Filtering
Filter Scripting Index or Preferences by software version.
Overrides default numeric formats in reports by defining a format and its context.
- Allow class methods as display box callbacks
- Automatically create Display Box paths for report scraping via JSL
- Display Box Data Storage
- Enhanced Log and Action Recording: Additional actions are captured in the enhanced log
- HTTP Request, MultiHTTPRequest, Progress Bars and Promises
- Improved script creation for JRP and Session files
- New options for Image Output
- Private report windows