The materials linked below will be applicable to a multivariate statistics class, covering topics such as PCA, exploratory factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, path analysis and SEM, cluster analysis, discriminant analysis, MANOVA and repeated measures.
Textbooks to Supplement Your Instruction
Find textbooks that integrate JMP. Most books may be requested through publisher websites. Contact your publisher representative for more information.
Take a Deeper Dive on Select Topics
Provide step-by-step instructions and short videos to help your students learn how to do common statistical and graphical analyses in JMP.
Recommended books for this course
- Lehman, O’Rourke, Hatcher & Stepanski, JMP for Basic Univariate and Multivariate Statistics: Methods for Researchers and Social Scientists, 2nd edition
Instructors can request free evalution copies of textbooks from many publishers. Contact your publisher representative. For SAS Press books, request free instructor evaluation ebook copies here.
Recommended guides and videos
- Opening JMP and Getting Started
- Graph Builder
- Simple Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Simple Logistic Regression
- Multiple Logistic Regression
- Stepwise Regression
- Classification Trees (Partition)
- Regression Trees (Partition)
- Neural Networks
- Principal Components Analysis
- Factor Analysis
- Discriminant Analysis
- Text Mining - Describing Unstructured Text Data
- Text Mining - Analyzing Unstructured Text Data
- Association Analysis (Market Basket Analysis)
The complete collection of guides and videos can be found at the JMP Learning Library.
If you or your students are new to JMP, this is also a great place to start: JMP Basics
Recommended Case Studies
Case studies are designed to supplement and expand your students experience by providing real and realistic multi-step problem scenarios, accompanied by exercises at the end. These are carefully crafted to use methods that have been introduced up to and including the concepts listed in the summary. Solutions to exercises are available to instructors only by request at this link.
Multivariate Logistic Regression
Explore webinars specifically designed for faculty & students
Live and on-demand webinars to expand your JMP knowledge. Topics span basics to advanced.
Data for Examples and Assignments
JMP comes with ~500 sample data sets included in the software, accessible through the JMP Help menu.
Applets and Add-Ins
Teaching Apps & Basic Stats Calculators
Simple applets provide everything you need to illustrate core statistical concepts, including regression least squares, correlation, and p-values.
Recommended Sample Data
There are many sample data sets to choose from in JMP, from Help > Sample Data (alphabetical list) or Help > Sample Data Library (indexed list by topic). There are many sample data sets to choose from in JMP, from Help > Sample Data (alphabetical list) or Help > Sample Data Library (indexed list by topic). Here are a few suggested examples for a course on Multivariate Analyses.
- Academic Achievement (SEM)
- Body Fat (Correlation Matrix)
- Candy Bars (Cluster, Neural)
- Cheese (Ordinal Logistic, Contingency)
- Cholesterol (MANOVA)
- Cytometry (Clustering)
- Danger (Multivariate)
- Grocery Purchases (Association Market Basket Analysis)
- Job Satisfaction (SEM)
- Online Consumer Data (SEM)
- Political Democracy (SEM)
- Prostate Cancer (Clustering, PLS)
- San Francisco Crime Distances (Multidimensional Scaling)
- Scores (Multivariate)
- Socioeconomic (Factor Analysis)
Recommended Applets, Calculators, and Concept Demonstration Tools
Find these in JMP: Help > Sample Data > Teaching Resources. In JMP Student Subscription they are directly available from the Student menu.
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Distribution Calculator
P-values and Power:
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPValue
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > DemoMeanTestPower
- Teaching Scripts > Simulations > Central Limit Theorem
- Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules > Demonstrate Regression
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > demoCorr
- Teaching Scripts > Teaching Demonstrations > demoLeastSquares
Full Course Materials
Course Materials from SAS Education
“JMP course-in-a-box” provides complimentary JMP teaching materials from SAS. Includes classroom materials, data sets, slides and more. These are all available for download to qualified instructors.
Self-paced learning available 24/7
Full length e-courses from JMP and SAS Education cover a variety of topics and include activities, demos and exercises. Short instructor videos can supplement your course materials to create a flipped classroom.
Recommended eLearning Courses from SAS Education
Students and Professors can enroll in eLearning courses at no cost with a campus or department annual site license to JMP.
[There is no asynchronous eLearning course for multivariate analysis at this time -- search the eLearning catalog for up-to-date lists of JMP eLearning courses.]
Check the calendar of upcoming Live Web courses, including these topics: