JMP for iGEM
iGEM teams use JMP to design their experiments and get insight of their data. Request our support below and receive free access to the software and other practical resources, and to schedule bespoke workshops for your team to compete at iGEM 2023
Design-Build-Test-Learn with JMP
Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Determine the relationship between factors affecting a process through multi-factor experimentation
- Find the vital few influential factors easily from many potential ones
- Optimize factors to maximize, minimize or match target of a response
- Use machine learning tools such as neural networks and bootstrap forest to derive a statistical model
- Visualize the model in an interactive graph and predict future results
- Analyze your data with visual and interactive graph
- Perform statistical tests such as ANOVA, t-tests, and non-parametric tests
Videos: Why DoE is superior to traditional OFAT (One Factor At a Time) approaches.
Design of Experiments (DoE) is all about maximizing your understanding for the minimum resource. This video is specifically tailored for biologists to fine-tune expression levels of their genetic constructs with DoE and apply DoE in their research.
Design of Experiments (DoE) will become more powerful and important with the increasing capability to automate lab sciences. In this video, we focus on the application of DoE for media optimization through a relevant case study from the literature.
In this video, we take a look at the application of Design of Experiments (DoE) in bioprocess development. DoE can be used to discern the interdependencies of genetic and environmental factors early on. This reduces time, cost, and the number of experiments.
iGEM Teams Usage References
JMP platforms for your synthetic biology projects
- Use Graph Builder to interactively explore your data and uncover hidden relationships quickly
- Work with your data using graphs that represent an interactive interface to linked data.
- Use the deep and wide toolbox for building production-ready graphs to better present your findings.
- Move effortlessly (point & click) from data discovery to report sharing.
- Easy DOE offers a step-by-step guide through the DOE workflow from designing the experiment to analyzing, predicting and reporting findings.
- Save work in a single .jmpdoe file that can be reopened or shared.
- Decide how much guidance you need with two modes. Guided mode simplifies selections and provides hints to make it easy to get started. Flexible mode provides more options for Custom DOE and Definitive Screening Designs, including additional analysis options in JMP Pro.
- See how your prediction model changes as you change the settings of individual factors
- Set desirability goals for your response or responses, and find optimal settings for your factors.
- Assess the importance of your factors relative to model predictions, in a way that is independent of the model.
- Simulate your response distribution based on specified distributions for both factors and responses, and control various aspects of the appearance of the Profiler