Join Dr. Ben Deadman from EPSRC-funded ROAR at Imperial College London for first-hand lessons learnt and insight into Imperial's approach to teaching DOE with JMP
JMP Academic Suite for
Doctoral Training in Sciences and Engineering
Skills to succeed in today’s data driven world.
JMP’s Academic Suite for Scientists and Engineers provides in-depth statistical training identified as critical for professionals in Engineering and the Physical Sciences. Developed in collaboration with Imperial College London the programme fully supports Centres for Doctoral Training (CDT) within the EPSRC Portfolio, and includes comprehensive training in Design of Experiments (DOE), identified as the most in-demand skill for professionals in science and engineering.
The programme includes the following:
Teaching Support and Course Materials
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
Full two-day course includes focused examples and exercises.
- Train-the-trainer support
Course materials, teaching tips and best practices using JMP in-depth instruction of relevant concepts.
- Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving (STIPS)
Online free e-course includes unlimited access to seven online modules (each two to three hours of instruction). Each module includes demonstrations, exercises using JMP Pro, and optional certifications.
- Supporting textbooks
- “Design Of Experiments: A Modern Approach”, by Bradley Jones & Douglas C. Montgomery, ISBN: 978-1-119-61119-6, Wiley December 2019
- “Optimal Design of Experiments: A Case Study Approach” by Peter Goos & Bradley Jones (Wiley, 2011)
- “Problem Solving for New Engineers: What Every Engineering Manager Wants You to Know” by Melissa Buie (CRC Press, 2017)
Software license: JMP Academic Suite
- Unlimited access to the latest release of JMP Pro for Windows, Mac and Windows Server
- Installation in multi-user labs and on private computers
- Free 24/7 technical support (and free hosting)
- Free upgrades
- Free and unlimited access to the JMP e-Learning Library
- (Ambassador license option)
- Free extension of JMP academic licenses allows students time-limited use of the software in industry (before and after graduation).
- Networking support, including student internships and guest speakers from industry or JMP.
- Access to the JMP Academic-Industry Network (JAIN) community.
Click “Register Here” to get started. We’ll contact you to schedule a demonstration and discuss next steps.
Why Design of Experiments?
When Imperial College started its Centre for Doctoral Training for Chemistry, it asked the Chemistry industry to identify the most in-demand skills needed in new recruits. The overwhelming answer from both research and process organizations came loud and clear.
96% of industry respondents said DOE was essential or desirable.
More about the use of DOE in industry and why it is an essential skill for your candidates
Teaching Design of Experiments to chemists: lessons from Imperial College London
- AnatuneChemists use DOE to design customized robotic solutions for chemical analysis.
- GlaxoSmithKlineScientists and engineers improve production processes.
- Johnson Matthey Fine ChemicalsAt Johnson Matthey, JMP is the ‘active ingredient’ in process optimization