How to Add Structure to Your Decision Making
With Christine Anderson-Cook
Sometimes you have multiple, often competing, objectives. Other times, you must find consensus among members of a team. Los Alamos National Lab’s Christine Anderson-Cook will share her research on how to objectively consider tradeoffs during decision making, along with other best practices.
In this video:
- The define, measure, reduce, combine and select (DMRCS) method for adding much-needed structure to problem solving.
- Various graphical methods for visualizing tradeoffs.
- Response surface design for product and process optimization.
- How to ensure your experiments are designed to answer the question at hand.
- Strategies for increasing the impact of statistical results.