Applied Statistics From the Classroom to the Boardroom
With Mike Adams
Mike Adams, Professor Emeritus at the University of Alabama, has dedicated his career to applied statistics, both in education and industry. Though his primary research interests are business analytics and statistical quality control, he is also passionate about math and statistics education, helping found the Alabama Quantitative Literacy Program. Adams has collaborated with major organizations such as NASA, Mercedes-Benz and Walmart.
In this video:
- The best (and worst) things happening in statistics education.
- The Alabama Quantitative Literacy Program.
- Applying JMP graphs and maps to inform disaster recovery.
- Challenging corporate projects.
- The evolution of statistics over the past decade.
We also recommend
- Using Statistical Process Controls to Improve and Monitor Your ProcessDiscover how to use one-way analysis, histogram distributions and more. This case study showcases how one ethanol manufacturing plant successfully implemented Statistical Process Control to limit batch-to-batch variance.
- Dashboard Building with JMPAccess and communicate performance information more easily (without coding). This webinar will provide a step-by-step guide on how to set up specially tailored dashboards in minutes.