Preparing Students to Be Successful Data Analysts
With Christian Hildebrand
Christian Hildebrand, a project leader at the Center for Customer Insight at the University of St. Gallen, is a proponent of preparing students to work effectively and efficiently with data and to communicate persuasively. He believes in teaching with data that piques curiosity. And it doesn’t hurt that his own research centers on a relevant topic for students: how social interactions affect individual decision behavior, particularly online.
In this video:
- What it takes to prepare students to be successful data analysts.
- Why students benefit from close collaborations with companies.
- The importance of tailoring communication of results to specific audiences.
- How shifts in terminology can encourage businesses to experiment more.
- The impact of social technology on personalized products.