Expand Your Analytic Skills
1-hour, live, online webinar demos and Q&A by JMP Engineers show ways to apply JMP analytics and visualization to business problems. Demos are made into videos at least once during each JMP release. Four levels are offered:
- Basic – Content useful after completing the New User Welcome Kit.
- Intermediate – Detailed content that goes beyond JMP basic capabilities.
- Advanced – Specialized content requiring in-depth domain knowledge.
- JMP Clinical – Content for using JMP alongside SAS to analyze clinical trials.
You can register for any webinar or for multiple webinars at once. You will receive a confirmation email and two timely reminders for each webinar.
- Essentials of Designing Experiments Using JMP May 30, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 p.m. PT)JMP DOE tools let you create a controlled set of tests to model and explore the relationship between factors and one or more responses for your situation. Learn about the basic types of designs and related terminology essential to making experimental decisions. See two case studies that demonstrate how to build, model, refine and interpret results.
- Basic JSL for Building Interactive Dialogs to Automate Workflows May 31, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)An easy way to regenerate reports in JMP is to capture and reuse scripts that are automatically generated. Often the next step in automating a workflow is to run these scripts from a customized dialog that allows the user to select specific data tables, columns, or row ranges. The JMP scripting language (JSL) includes a set of functions that make building interactive dialogs relatively simple.
- Using JMP for Marketing Analytics and Consumer Research June 6, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JJMP lets you interpret the results of sensory studies and surveys. See how to find groups of similar products and discover agreement and outliers among participants and to model consumer preferences for consumers who selected the best and worst product choices.
- Using Formulas to Get the Most Value from Your Data June 7, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP has a very powerful, easy-to-use Formula Editor that lets you create a column whose values are computed by a formula and then store that formula as part of a column information. Formulas can be simple assignments of numeric, character, or row state constants, or they can contain complex evaluations based on conditional clauses. Formula values can be linked to, or dependent on, values in other columns and will be automatically recomputed whenever you edit the values in the columns to which the formula is linked.
- Using JMP Pro to Build Models Using Generalized Regression Variable Selection Techniques June 13, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP Pro implements generalized regression to model complex data where response variables have arbitrary distributions. Generalized regression handles data that traditional methods cannot handle, such as multicollinearity in model inputs, and provides better screening for the most important factors than traditional methods. See several case studies that show how to use generalized regression to rapidly build models interactively using JMP Pro.
- Producing and Interpreting Basic Statistics June 14, 2019 | 2 PM ET (11 AM PT)JMP lets you interactively produce analysis graphs and associated statistics at the same time. See how to generate and interpret basic summary statistics, fit distributions and perform hypothesis testing on the mean and on the standard deviation.
- Organizing and Getting the Most from JMP Tables June 21, 2019 | 2 PM ET (11 AM PT)JMP makes it easy to join up to 60 tables for analysis. It also lets you create virtual tables so you can take advantage of data stored and managed more efficiently as separate tables, but whose updated data you need to use regularly. After your data is in a table, you can take advantage of JMP column and row properties to suit your analysis needs and interact with visualizations to understand and enhance your analyses.
- Tracking and Trending Manufacturing Metrics June 27, 2019 | 2 PM ET (11 AM PT)JMP makes it easy to track processes using continuous measurements or attribute data, compare your process to established limits and use trend information to understand the difference between common sources of variation and special causes.
- Exploratory Data Analysis and Dynamic Graphs June 28, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP lets you search for relationships, patterns and outliers so that you can gain critical insight about your data and into your business or process. See several case studies that show the basics of analysis to search for and visualize relationships.
- Using JMP Pro for Enhanced Marketing Analytics and Consumer Research July 11, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JJMP lets you interpret the results of sensory studies and surveys. See how to find groups of similar products and discover agreement and outliers among participants and to model consumer preferences for consumers who selected the best and worst product choices.
- Basics for Using Graph Builder July 12, 2019 | 2 PM ET (11 AM PT)JMP’s Graph Builder lets you explore data dynamically until you find the visualization that best communicates the story in your data. See how to drag and drop to different zones, change graph styles, undo and redo with agility. A case study shows you how to play with, drill into and run graphical analyses on your data.
- Using Geographic Maps July 19, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP lets you display data on geographical maps to transform numbers and geographic data into compelling images. See how to use Graph Builder and other JMP platforms to integrate maps into your graphical reports.
- Basic Analysis and Plotting August 2, 2109 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)You can answer many statistical questions using the basic analysis and data visualization capabilities in JMP. See how to visualize, summarize and analyze data to make analyses accessible to both statisticians and non-statisticians.
- Multivariate Analysis August 8, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)Multivariate analysis in JMP can help you analyze multiple dimensions while taking into account the effects of all variables on the responses of interest. Learn how to analyze and visualize multivariate data.
- Building Dashboards to Access and Share Updated Analyses August 9, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP lets you easily, with no scripting required, build a single presentation-ready dashboard to run and present reports on a regular basis. Build the dashboard by combining windows or starting with a template, clicking report components, aggregating reports, and inserting graphs and pictures. Save and share the dashboard so you and others can run, interact with, and explore the reports.
- Data Mining and Predictive Modeling August 16, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP lets you perform exploratory data mining and root cause analysis, intelligently handle missing data, and efficiently build and compare predictive models on historical data sets. See how to segment data for cross-validation, and learn to build models to understand which variables predict a particular outcome and to find variables that have the highest predictive value.
- Advanced Techniques for Visualizing Big Data August 22, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)Key JMP visualization techniques can help identify patterns in big data – patterns that are often difficult to uncover and represent simply yet compellingly. See how to use and add to your toolbox advanced graphing techniques for coloring, marking, linking, filtering and dashboarding.
- Using JMP Pro to Discover and Predict Patterns using Neural Network Models September 6, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP offers neural network tools that are useful for analyzing data that contain both linear and non-linear relationships. Use JMP to develop models that can be used to understand underlying processes and hidden relationships for seemingly complex problems. See case studies that show how to build neural networks, starting with a simple one-layer network, and how to use JMP Pro to build more complicated self-learning and boosted models. In the process you’ll also learn how to build nonlinear principal components.
- Unlocking the Power of Graph Builder September 20, 2019 | 2 PM ET (11 AM PT)Explore and present data easily using JMP’s interactive Graph Builder. The drag-and-drop interface is intuitive and lets you get started quickly. Advanced features allow you to control format and appearance to create persuasive visualizations. See several case studies that demonstrate different techniques to create compelling graphs that uncover relationships in your data and identify areas for further analysis.
- Creating, Using and Sharing Journals September 27, 2019 | 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT)JMP journals are an efficient way to store and present results as either static or dynamic presentations. They are useful for organizing presentations and let you link to data and resources outside JMP. This type of journal is dynamic because you can open reports and tables and interact with them to select points, subset data, or make more graphs.